Calexico, CA Real Estate News

By Frederic Din, Imperial Valley Real Estate Agent
(AXIA Real Estate Group Inc ~ Imperial Valley Real Estate)
Whats Active In is a selection of active listings available for sale now, reviewed and analyzed by licensed real estate agent Frederic Din in Imperial County, California.   The purpose of "Whats Active" is to help provide some additional insight to the home buyer regarding the current market and current active listings in select cities through the Imperial Valley (Imperial County).   If you're a home buyer then you've come to the right place to get inside information regarding the market, current listings and how to get your offer accepted.  If you have an established relationship with a real estate agent, I would say you should continue working with them, however if you are still looking for additional information then you probably have the wrong agent and you should contact me for as...
Comments 0
By Frederic Din, Imperial Valley Real Estate Agent
(AXIA Real Estate Group Inc ~ Imperial Valley Real Estate)
Calexico is a border city to Mexicali, Mexico and is known as the "gateway" to Mexico. The name Calexico derives from the words California (Cal) and Mexico (exico) put together to create a unique city name. (Thank you to the City of Calexico and Calexico Chamber of Commerce for the information provided)History and FactsCalexico began as a tent city of the Imperial Land Company and has grown into a larger thriving city on the US-Mexico border.Before the repeal of prohibition, Calexico was primarily a week-end town visited by workers in the Imperial Valley in pursuit of fun and games, dance halls and saloons, in adjacent Mexicali, which was outside the United States and unaffected by the Volstead Act.Although it gained a reputation for a while as a typical U.S.-Mexico border town with all...
Comments 2
By Frederic A. Din, Imperial Valley REALTOR®
(AXIA Real Estate Group Inc 760-235-4885)
Calexico Foreclosure - Calexico, California (Imperial County) real estate offers the most diversity with regard to location, amenities, and price in 92231.  Centrally located in the South-Eastern part of the State, Calexico is one of the premier cities in the area and is close to many other areas such as Yuma, Arizona which is 59 miles to the East and it borders Mexicali, Mexico to the South.  San Diego, California is known as Americas Finest City is less than a two hour drive to the West.  A variety of recreation and activities such as golf, fine dining, and shopping are found locally.  To the North are other desert communities such as Palm Springs, La Quinta, Rancho Mirage, Palm Desert, Indio and Indian Wells are 120 miles away.  Foreclosures in Calexico, California offer a tremendous...
Comments 0
By Frederic A. Din, Imperial Valley REALTOR®
(AXIA Real Estate Group Inc 760-235-4885)
Calexico is a border city to Mexicali, Mexico and is known as the "gateway" to Mexico.  The name Calexico derives from the words California (Cal) and Mexico (exico) put together to create a unique city name.            (Thank you to the City of Calexico and Calexico Chamber of Commerce for the information provided)History and FactsCalexico began as a tent city of the Imperial Land Company and has grown into a larger thriving city on the US-Mexico border.Before the repeal of prohibition, Calexico was primarily a week-end town visited by workers in the Imperial Valley in pursuit of fun and games, dance halls and saloons, in adjacent Mexicali, which was outside the United States and unaffected by the Volstead Act.Although it gained a reputation for a while as a typical U.S.-Mexico border t...
Comments 3
By Eddy Martinez
(Nationwide Funding Group)
I am going to provide another example on how to calculate depreciation. Lets say two close buddies Tim and Mike bought a four-plex next to the beach and paid $600,000.00 for it. The land was valued by the county at 40% of the total investment , which leaves 60% for the value of the improvements. The question is how much depreciation could they claim each year if the allwoance for depreciation on the property over 27.5 years? Step #1: Calculate the value of the improvements:$600,000.00 x 60% (.60) = $360,000.00Step #2:Divide the value of improvements by the years: $360,000.00 divided by 27.5 years = $13,091.00 as a allowable annual depreciation.What does all of this mean?When Tim and Mike sell this property , the amount depreciated over the years will be subtracted from their cost basis ...
Comments 0
Explore Calexico, CA
Calexico, CA Real Estate Professionals